Recipe by chef Jean-Philippe Desjardins
Turkey breast with pears, Brussels sprouts and red onions | Honey & Mustard Food Crayon
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 Turkey breast cutlets.
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 pear (ripe, but firm), peeled, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts cut in 2 (or 4 depending on size)
- Salt and pepper
1. Add the saffron to the white wine and let stand (this step can be done the day before or a few hours before starting the recipe to extract the maximum taste)
2. Season and sear the escalope in a pan in a little butter
3. Set aside
4. Degrease and deglaze the pan with the white wine, reduce until almost dry
5. Add the chicken broth and reduce by half
6. Then add the cream and reduce to the desired consistency.
7. On a baking sheet, season the Brussels sprouts and red onion and coat with olive oil
8. Place in the oven at 375 ° C for 20-25 minutes (cooking can also be done in a pan).
9. Brown the pear quarters in butter until they are nicely colored.
11. Heat up the turkey cutlets, cover with the vegetables and pear.
12. Add the saffron sauce
13. Sharpen a few shavings of the Honey & Mustard Food Crayon