Homemade Pizza (dough) | Crayon Chili & Garlic
Sep 09, 2020
Family recipe made by Véronique Licatese
For 6 people or 2 pizzas of 9 in.
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Ingredients for the garnish
- Tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bay leaf
- Basil leaf
- Mild red pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Grated mozzarella
1. In a bowl, combine lukewarm water, yeast and sugar; let stand while you prepare the rest
2. Mix flour and salt
3. Make a aperture in the dry mixture and add the mixture of lukewarm water, yeast and sugar; mix. Knead by hand or in a food processor.
If you are working by hand, do it vigorously for about 10 minutes, flouring your workspace so that the dough doesn't stick.
4. When the dough forms a non-sticky and very smooth ball, place it in a oiled bowl . Cover the bowl with a cloth and let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm area. You can also put it in the oven (preheated to Warm then stopped.)
5. Once the dough is well puffy (it can be double size), separate it in 2 balls.
6. Roll out the pasta with a rolling pin and place them on 2 oiled pizza pan.
7. To prepare the tomato sauce: put the olive oil in a saucepan and chop the garlic. Brown the garlic and add 1 tin of tomato paste; salt and pepper. Add a basil leaf and 1 bay leaf to the sauce. Let it be for now. Reduce to obtain a very thick sauce.
8. Spread the sauce on the 2 pizza doughs.
9. Cut the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers.
10. Cut the bacon into strips and heat it in a little bit oil. Cut the ham into strips.
11. Cut the onions into thin strips and brown them in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
12. Place the meats and vegetables on the pizzas
13. Sprinkle with oregano and add a few basil leaves.
14. Grate mozzarella and place on the pizzas.
15. Place in a very hot oven (450 ℉)
16. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables and cheese are golden brown.
Take out of the oven, cut into quarters and sharpen a few shavings of Food Crayon Chili & Garlic on each pizza slice