Confit Halibut | Crayon Carrot Orange Ginger
Nov 11, 2020
Confit halibut, burnt broccoli,julienned carrot, enoki and green onion, maple and ponzu vinaigrette
Receipe by: Jean-Philippe Desjardins Chef
- 4 pieces of 100-120g of atlantic halibut
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 Enoki pack
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup of ponzu vinaigrette
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Salt, oil
1. Salt the fish and put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour
2. Lightly oil and salt broccoli
3. Cut the carrot into julienne, slice the shallot and separate the enoki after removing their stems
4. Zest half a lime with a fine grater and add the ponzu vinaigrette, maple syrup and lime juice.
5. Toss the vegetables and season with the vinaigrette.
6. Heat enough olive oil to coat the fish. The temperature should reach 60 degrees Celsius.
7. Immerse the pieces of fish while maintaining the temperature. The fish is cooked with the first drop of albumen that forms on the surface of the fish.
8. Immediately but gently remove the fish.
9. Arrange on a plate with the vegetable salad.
Add more vinaigrette if desired and add a few shavings of the Food Crayon Carrot, Orange, Ginger.
For a complete meal, serve with chilled soba (buckwheat) noodles.