Scallop Ceviche | Coco Yuzu Food Crayon
Recipe by chef Jean-Philippe Desjardins
Ingredients for 2 people
- 8 large scallops
- The juice of an orange
- The juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- The juice of a lemon
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1 small hot pepper, seedless and chopped
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- A few minced mint leaves
- Fleur de sel or fine salt
1. Cut the scallops into thin slices and place in a deep plate.
2. Combine the citrus juices, olive oil and chili pepper.
3. Cover the scallops with the juice.
4. Season and add the minced mint.
You can add a few candied orange zest. To do this, blanch the zest (the white part removed) three times. Then cover with equal parts water and sugar. Cook over low heat until the bark becomes translucent.
Add several shavings of the Coco Yuzu Food Crayon.